There are friendly and dedicated people across the entire territory who can help you find a job or a place to live, answer all your questions about everyday life in your new community, show you around, organize social events, and more.
You bet; they do all of this just for you!
Regardless of your age, your professional situation or where you come from, our welcoming committees are available throughout the Bas-Saint-Laurent region.
Are you between 18 and 35 years old? The Place aux jeunes Bas-Saint-Laurent agents can be found in our 8 RCMs. What drives them daily? Helping qualified young people between the ages of 18 and 35, including immigrants with a valid work permit, to find work in our region and settle here for the long run!
Financial measuresto help you
You've landed the perfect job in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region and you're ready to settle here?
Here are little perks to confirm that you're making the right choice!
- Provincial and federal deductions for moving expenses
- Provincial and federal First time Home buyer's tax credit
- Tax Credit for Recent Graduates
- Internships and Job Shadowing
- Canada Student Loan forgiveness for nurses and nurse practitioners working in rural and remote communities
- Ministry of Health and Human Services scholarships for certain technical and professional jobs
- Employment Integration Program for Immigrants and Visible Minorities (PRIIME)
- Airfare Reduction Program